Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thursday's Children: Constance & Elaine Powell, 1886, Richmond, London, England


The two little girls in this carte de visite photograph are Constance (aged 3 years 6 months) & Elaine Powell (2 years old).   The photo was taken in January of 1886 at Byrne & Co. Photographers on Hill Street in Richmond, a burrough of London, England.

I had a quick peek in the census index for England, 1891, and I couldn't find any obvious matches.  I am following one possibility, but I'll report back on that if I discover something conclusive.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have Powell relatives that I have traced back into England and wales. I will be going over my history research information to see if Elaine Powell (sounds familiar) is a possible match. Cant say that Constance rings a bell but I will double check my own information as well. I love seeing old photo's that can possibly hold the missing links for some families. My Name is Marlene Matta and I am the Granddaughter of Harold Devine Powell who's Great Great Grandfather was the Reverand Joab Powell. who was a Traveling Minister (Circuit Rider) in the west. the Providence Cemetary located in Linn County Oregon United States of America is directly part of our Family. Most of our relatives were buried there in years past. I can be reached at mattamarlene@gmail.com for further contact

    ReplyDelete