Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just a name: Alvina Sauser. Photo from Rhineland-Palantinate, Germany ca. 1880s

There's very little information to go on with this photograph.  There is only the name, "Alvina Sauser" and the comment, "Farm in Germany where mother stays when their family were in Germany."  I don't know if Alvina Sauser is the the name of one of the girls, or the name of the mother.


The photo ws taken by J. (or F.) Laux, who had studios in on Schloss-Strasse 49, Coblenz, Germany and on Rhein-Strasse 45, Neuwied, Germany.  I am guessing it was taken during the latter part of the 1880s or early 1890s.

It's not much to go on.  I had a quick peek on Ancestry and there are a number of Alvina Sausers.  The problem is I don't know if I should be looking for Alvina in Germany or in the US.

Add this one to the long-shot list!



No comments:

Post a Comment