Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Saturday, April 14, 2012

Super Sleuth Saturday: Who is Richard D. Hall?




Here's your Super Sleuth Saturday Challenge for this week.

Written faintly, in pencil on the back:

To Libbie from her 
Cousin Richard D. Hall
age 21years 11months
Oct 25, 1895

Can you uncover more details about Richard's life?

*** I'll be moving to a M-W-F posting schedule over the summer, beginning April 16  and will resume my normal schedule (Mon. through Sat.) in September.***

3 comments:

  1. I suspect this is your man:

    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MS27-9D4

    The 1910 US census doesn't list an occupation.

    The 1905 NY state census shows him as a City Lawyer and married to an Emma who is listed in later censuses as "Minnie". They appear to have been childless.

    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159385-68079-95?cc=1463113

    ReplyDelete
  2. What appears to be his parents:

    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MZXC-CVY

    I'll see if I can track down cousin Libbie when time permits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree, I think this is our guy. Excellent detective work as always. Thanks IG!

    ReplyDelete