Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What a Shame Wednesday: From the Sallows Studio, Goderich, Ontario, Circa 1880s



What you see is what you get.  There aren't any markings whatsoever on the back of this cabinet card.  I had high hopes for this one, because it was created by Reuben R. Sallows, a well-known Ontario photographer.

The Huron County Library has created a wonderfully informative site, dedicated to Mr. Sallows, his life and his work that is certainly worth checking out.  The Reuben R. Sallows Digital Library is one of the best online image galleries created for an individual photographer that I've seen.  Unfortunately, I did not find our mystery man in their collection. 

If you have any leads for us, please leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment