Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baby Pictures: James Leroy Lockwood


The information on this postcard is sparse.  I only have a name and age:  "James Leroy Lockwood, 3 1/2 months old."  It wasn't sent through the mail so, alas, there isn't a postmark.  The photo was found at an antique store in Alberta, Canada, along with unidentified photos from Wisconsin and Minnesota.  It could date anywhere from 1907-1930, but is mostly likely 1907-1920.  This is where a photographer's imprint would have really come in handy.  This is why it is important to remember to label your photograph, folks.   I don't want to be a pessimist, but I'm thinking we may never know anything more about our dear little James.

1 comment:

  1. Possibly James Lee aka Leroy Lockwood, b. 16 Sep 1920 Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio d. 3 Sep 1944 (prob WWII Italy/Sicily/Rome in Army Air Corp & interred there), son of to James O (1895-1933) & Lulu I Depenbrock (1894-1999) Lockwood. His father, a street railway conductor, died in 1933. Surviving family members, his mother Lulu survived; a brother George M Lockwood b. 1919 prob. Cincinnati, but can find no records for him; a wife, Dorothy R Lockwood; 1730 Goodman Ave, North College Hill, OH.
    In 1920 they lived in Cincinnati, but in 1930 the widowed Lulu & 2 sons were living in Colerain, Hamilton, OH. I only found 1 family tree on Ancestry.com tied to this family unit.

    ReplyDelete