Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Thursday, December 22, 2011

Jane Kennedy, God-mother of Jennie M. Hoag, 1860s



















This 1860s-era carte-de-visite was found in an Alberta antique store several years ago.  It reads, "Jane Kennedy, God-mother of my mother.  Jennie M. Hoag, Lodore Mountain."

I started out with a location search.  I found two Lodores:  one in Amelia County, Virginia, and the other in Colorado.  I did not find a "Lodore Mountain."  I didn't hold out much hope on the Jane Kennedy name as it is so common, but was encouraged by "Jennie M. Hoag." A search of the 1860s & 70s censuses didn't provide any exact matches, though.  I'm thinking that identifying this photo hinges upon "Lodore Mountain."  It would definitely be a good starting point.

It this place rings a bell, I'd sure like to hear from you!


1 comment: