Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Friday, March 30, 2012

Leaning Bébé, René Lamarche, Châlon-sur-Saône, France, 1898



This carte de visite was taken at the Apollony Studio, 5, Rue des Places, 5, Châlon-sur-Saône, France and it is dated "6 Octobre 1898."  The infant, René Lamarche, is 7 months old in the photo, according to the information written on the back.

I was unable to find a match for Rene on Ancestry.com or Familysearch.org.  Nor was I able to find out much about the Apollony Studio with a general internet search.  I knew this would be a tough one when I found the photo at an antique store in Victoria, BC.

If you have experience with Genealogical Research in France, I'd enjoy hearing from you about this little bébé.

No comments:

Post a Comment