Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Monday, December 26, 2011

The Buckley Sisters: Martha and Emma, Ashton - U. Lyne, Greater Manchester, England, 1890s



This photograph was taken by F. Beech at the studio on 24 Mill Lane, in Ashton Under Lyne, in Greater Manchester, Lancashire, England.  I am guessing it was taken in the late 1890s/early 1900s.

I found a Buckley family in Ashton-Under-Lyne in the 1891 census, consisting of William, the father, born abt. 1849.  His wife's name is Susannah and they have six children: James, Isaac, John, Nancy, Martha (age 7) and Emma (3).  There's a four-year spread between Emma and Martha.  Do they look that far apart in the above photo? 

No comments:

Post a Comment