Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Brother & Sister: Ruth and Louis (Francis) Flaugh, Cuyahoga County, Ohio; circa 1921


This is Francis F. L. Flaugh and his sister Ruth H.C. Flaugh.  Their names were written tidily in the inside flap of the portrait folder.  On the front we find the photographer's imprint:  Dietrich Studio, Collinwood, Ohio.

I found two-year-old Francis F. Flaugh in the 1910 US Federal Census, in Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio, living with his parents Lewis. F. (36) and Sara F. Flaugh (34).  Sister Ruth has not yet been born. 

I thought it would be easy to find them in the 1920 census, but after trying every name combo and search strategy I could think of, I had to give up.  I must be missing something.  Something fairly obvious, probably, but I will leave it for now and try again later.

By the 1930 census, the Flaugh family has moved to Parma, Cuyahoga, Ohio and are living on Springdale Avenue.  "Francis" is now 22 years old and goes by the name Louis; Ruth is 16.  The birth record for Francis shows that he was actually born "Louis Flaugh" in Cleveland, on the 30th of October 1907. 

Louis died in Parma, at 90 years of age in 1998.  His mother's maiden name is recorded as "Fackler."  I haven't discovered what became of Ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment