Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Edward A. Fix, Cincinnati, Ohio, ca. 1902-1908


I believe this is a graduation portrait.  I can't identify the lapel pin "Edward A. Fix" is wearing.  The photograph was taken at the Carl & Young Studio in Cincinnati, Ohio.  Carl & Young were in operation between 1895 and 1915 on 7th & Vine.

I searched Ancestry for anyone by the name of  Edward A. Fix, which was written on the front of the picture.  I only found one consistent and persistent match in Hamilton County: Edward Anthony Fix, born December 6, 1883 (or perhaps 1884) in Cincinnati.  According to the 1900 US Census, he was the son of Alois (b.1848) and Mary (b.1851) Fix.  Edward is one of seven children living at home.  The only boy, in fact.  His sisters are:  Anna, 28; Clara, 20; Josephine, 18; Celia, 13; Amanda, 11; and Alvina, 8.  In the 1880 census, the Alois Fix family is living on Harrison Avenue. 

Edward owned a cigar manufacturing company and lived at 1399 Harrison, which I believe is the family home.  Sisters Anna and Alvina are living with Edward at that address in 1930.   Edward is living at that address in 1958.  The home, which is still standing, was built in 1881, according to current real estate information on the house. 

1 comment:

  1. I found your Cincinnati pictures so interesting. I know I have a couple of pictures that were taken by Carl and Young. Shillito's was a very popular department store all while I was growing up. Too bad that it became a part of Federated Department Stores and we lost this treasure.

    ReplyDelete