Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fond Heart at Your Feet: Kenny McIntosh, Thornhill, Manitoba



Kelowna Feb. 11 1916

Master Kenny McIntosh
Thornhill, Man.
 
Dear Kenny -
Are you to (sic) busy doing no work to write to me?  Have you those moccasins wore out yet?  I suppose the ??n  is too deep for coasting.  What do you want me to bring home for you.  With Love, Lizzie.


Kenny McIntosh, born June 1909 was the son of John Andew (b. 1861, Ontario) and Mary Jane McIntosh (b. Aug 1878).  The family lived in Thornhill, Lisgar District in Manitoba.  The family appears on the 1901 Canada Census living in Morris, Provencher, Manitoba and on the 1911 & 1916 Census, in Lisgar District.

Kenny (Kenneth) had two siblings that I've been able to find:  Laura Belzoa (Zoa) McIntosh born 1899, and William Edgerton McIntosh, born 1903.  All of the children were born in Manitoba.

I purchased this postcard at an antique store, along with a few others addressed to Kenneth.  I know that "Lizzie" is Kenneth's aunt because the handwriting matches the other postcards sent by "Aunt Lizzie."  On a birthday card mailed in 1924, Lizzie appears to live in Saskatoon, SK.  Kenneth is living in Morden, MB.


No comments:

Post a Comment