Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What a Shame Wednesday: Sisters from Shreveport, LA, ca. 1925-1930



I found this photograph at a local antique store, and even though it isn't identified, I decided to pick it up.  The girls are just adorable.  We don't have any names, which is why this ended up as a "What a Shame" post.  The photographer is provided, "James A. Sims, Home Portraits, Shreveport, La."

James A. Sims appears in the 1930 US Census, and at the time, owned a photographic studio in Shreveport.  Ten years earlier, in the 1920 US Census,  he is employed as a machinist in a garage.    I only found one other picture online, taken by James A. Sims out of his Shreveport studio, and that was photographed in 1927.  This photograph was probably taken somewhere around that time as well.

If one had access to a set of Shreveport, Louisiana City Directories the dates could probably be narrowed down a little more. 

1 comment: