Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Monday, November 5, 2012

Elizabeth Iley, Sister of Rev. J. Iley, 1886 or Later, England



I thought I'd start my preliminary look for Elizabeth Ileys in the 1881 England Census.  I didn't expect to find quite so many Elizabeth Ileys, though.  We know that Iley is her maiden name, since there is mention of a brother Rev. J. Iley in the inscription.  Still, there are a lot of Elizabeth Ileys out there, many with brothers who have a first initial J. 



Unfortunately, we don't have any other information written on back either; only A & G Taylor's mount imprint on the back, which helps us roughly date the image to after 1886, when the the crown, plume of feathers and royal coat of arms was first used on their mounts.  This image was mostly likely taken at their studio at Newcastle on Tyne.

I don't think there are enough clues here to go on.  If you see something I've missed, I'd love to hear your ideas.  


No comments:

Post a Comment