Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Boy in the Sailor Suit: Douglas Johnston, Calgary, ca. 1915


This young man's name is Douglas Johnston, "age 5 years &  4 mos." The photograph was taken at the Brewer Studio in Calgary, Alberta.  On the Glenbow Archives photograph database I found several photographs taken by this studio.  They seemed to be in operation between 1912 and the mid-1930s, possibly later. 

It's hard to date this one.  If I had to guess, I'd probably go with 1915 or so.

I had a look at the 1906, 1911 and 1916 Canadian Censuses and found a Douglas Johnston, b. 1911, son of Agnes and Joesph Johnston living  on 19th Ave W., Calgary with his parents in 1911 & 1916.  I can't really say if this is him, or not, at this point, but I'll be looking into it further.

No comments:

Post a Comment