Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Baby: Adria Rosalind Moon, Illinois, circa 1903



Little Adria Moon seems to like having her picture taken.  Isn't she adorable?  I found this photo with a group of old family photographs once belonging to Julia C. Lotten.  For more information on Julia Lotten, please see my post What A Shame Wednesday:  Unknown Couple #1, Manitowoc, WI, 1920s where one of my wonderful readers comments with an in-depth biography on Julia.

Adria is the daughter of  Julia Lotten's sister, Mina Berthine Lotten and husband, Reverend Rollin Otis Moon.  In the 1905 Wisconsin State Census, Adria (3) is living in Cazenovia, Wisconsin with her parents and younger brother Floyd (1).

Adria married Raymond Lantz.  She died in 2002 in Ogden, Iowa.



February 23, 2012 Update:  I am happy to report that this photograph has been claimed by a descendant of Julia Lotten, along with 13 other photographs from the Lotten collection.  If you have Adria in your tree, the recipient of these photos would love to hear from you.  Please contact me to be put in touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment