Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Saturday, March 24, 2012

Super Sleuth Saturday: Cincinnati Infant, born November 7, 1883



Today's assignment, should you accept it, is to discover the identity of this infant.  The photo was taken at the Shaw studio at the northeast corner of Eighth and Race, in Cincinnati.  We do have a name written on the back.  Trouble is, I can't decipher it, or at least I can't find a match in the records with what I *think* the surname is.  We also have a date of birth:  November 7, 1883. 


Maybe you will have better luck.  I look forward to your comments!


3 comments:

  1. I can't even tell if this is a boy or a girl!

    :) I would think its a boy since they used initials. I read S L Garb - but can find nothing. Perhaps they died as a baby like so many did?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Initially, I thought it was Corb. After looking for a match, I wondered if it was "Curb." Then I looked at Crab. Cub. Gorb. Garb.

    ReplyDelete